Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Student Motivation

On Monday, I introduced the idea of tinkering and how we would use the Frolyc app. The students excitement was clear right away. They started talking about all these tools their parents use at home. I love that they want to explore, but of course safety is my number one priority. I told my students that, as long as their parents signed a letter letting the child bring in objects from home, they could add them to the tools I brought.

Unfortunately, we did not make it to the tinkering center this morning because I was called out for a few meetings all morning :( When I did return from my meeting in the afternoon, I realized that the kids are just as excited to dissect these old machines and other gadgets as I am.

 There were letters piled on my desk assigning persimmon to use the different tools and gadgets.


 There were also boxes of old electronics and parts around the room.


We had so much to work with, we decided to designate a special area in the classroom to store our materials!


I will make sure to screenshot some of their responses on Frolyc on Wednesday. I am excited to see what designs they will come up with and how they will use their materials collected!


No comments:

Post a Comment