Monday, April 28, 2014

Learning to Frolyc

I love learning new things along with my students. Frolyc, in general, is completely new to me. I have assigned their first reflective response for tomorrow's science lab center 4.

Intro page includes some examples from the book The Art of Tinkering.

I include a video (which was really easy!) to start them on some ideas of how to spend this 20 minute rotation.



The first slide will ask them to fill in the blank with a list of materials they will use that day.


I made sure to have a slide for the students to respond with any questions they have while working. This is all about inquiry and making hypotheses.


Lastly, I wanted to see some sort of plan or diagram from the students in a drawing/sketch. I know the students are able to build simple circuits, because this was a focus in fourth grade, and I hope they will include some circuits in their varied designs!


Hopefully the next few posts on this blog will be from my students! I am excited to see what they learn tomorrow, how they respond to failure and hopefully preserver to great outcomes!


No comments:

Post a Comment