Friday, July 24, 2015

Prepping for the New School Year

For my new coaching position I have been reading many books this summer.


I have also revisit the teaching channel just to be ready to bring some new research based strategies to the teachers I will be working with this year. I also have not worked in a primary or middle school classroom in about 7 years!

https://www.teachingchannel.org/workspace

I watched so many helpful videos:
"Inquiry-Based Teaching: Discussing Non-Fiction"
"Implementing New Instructional Strategies"
"The Power of Pairing Texts to Demonstrate Standards"
"Analyzing Texts: Putting Thoughts on Paper"
"Pinwheel Discussions: Texts in Conversation"

It was interesting to watch some videos for years before the Common Core and listen to secondary students having discussions and quoting text and thinking about how my fifth graders did this regularly (of course after reading my low leveled text).

My goal is to reflect on a new teaching strategy a week... We will see once the craziness of the year happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment